As a Technical Artist, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
- Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
- Assist artists and designers via tool development, and in concept testing of new ideas, and building of rapid prototypes.
- Partner with engineering team to understand, define and manage project technical requirements and project asset production.
- Look/dev passes of fog, lighting, post-processes and other VFX for scene / level. Actively participate in optimizations, identify, triage, and fix bugs as required.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a technical artist – or equivalent capacity – in 3D game development.
- Strong art skills with experience and deep understanding of modeling, texturing, animation & lighting for games.
- Deep knowledge of Blender or similar tools.
- Deep knowledge of .NET and C# and Game Architecture Design.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Unity Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines, and subsurface shaders.
- Materials: experienced in the development, authoring & organization of efficient materials.
- Demonstrated achievement in mobile games development (portfolio required).
- Ability to create component-based reusable and testable modules and components.
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Background in hyper casual games development.
- Experience in custom shader development.
- Eye for detail.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.