As a Project Engineer, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- As part of a team, develop strategy and project plans for the mobile game development and prototyping projects.
- Define, manage, and communicate cross-project schedules, scope, budget, progress, risks, issues, key performance indicators, and key learnings.
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability.
- Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the development of the product.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders on design decisions and directions for product requirements.
- Work directly with the product owners to insure that their vision is shared with your ability to manage projects.
- Support key organizational leaders to maximize their efficiency.
- Provide consistent, high-level and visibility on organizational data, risks, and overall status to upper management.
- Develop and maintain dashboard reports, providing regular updates to
management on month-to-date, quarter-to-date, and year-to-date
- Maintain project confidentiality and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the products and related testing procedures.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of project management, quality assurance and software development cycles.
- Excellent knowledge of data analytics tools and methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a detail-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Able to influence cross-functional teams driving collaboration and commitment to results.
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Having a PMP Certificate preferred.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Background in gaming and/or software industry.
- Eye for detail.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.