Junior+/Mid. Level 3D Game Artist / Generalist
As a 3D Game Artist / Generalist, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- Help develop and maintain emerging technologies and improved workflows.
- Model, texture, and light real-time assets based on concept design and/or photographic reference using a variety of software and techniques.
- The ability to create both organic and hard surface 3D models.
- A strong modeling and texturing portfolio (examples showing fully fleshed out spaces demonstrating lighting and composition skills are preferred)
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing real time performance.
- Participate with creative team in asset development
- Analyze polygon requirements and optimize for platforms
- Rig objects for animations and execute animations for asset pipelines
- Layout UVs and paint textures
- Handle several projects at a time
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with your team, art directors, and production leads.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- 1+ years of experience in the video game and/or vfx industries.
- Experience working in Unity 3D Game Engine.
- Experience with creating props, characters, environments, lighting and material look development for real time platforms.
- Fundamental knowledge of digital content creation processes including high-poly and low poly modeling.
- Have a fundamental Level of understanding with Materials/Shaders.
- Must be able to work closely with other artists.
- Proficiency in Blender or equivalent 3D Software.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience with PBR workflows using texturing software such as Substance Designer/Painter.
- 3D Sculpting using ZBrush.
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Background in mobile games and/or mobile hyper casual games
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Eye for detail.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.