2D Art Generalist
As a 2D Art Generalist, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with game development teams to guide the products visual progress from beginning to end.
- Strong 2d illustration skills across multiple styles
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Adobe After Effects & Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Regularly review game art and marketing materials to ensure content is high quality and on brand.
- Establish visual standards and provide recommendations to elevate the overall quality.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions with partners to identify new ideas and game experiences.
- Meet with game developers both in person and remotely to ensure product vision and quality benchmarks are met.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our brand (past and present) across multiple games.
- Follow guidelines for our various games and ensure distinct visual identities for each product.
- Create concept art, illustrations, or graphic designs to help communicate our feedback to our partners or to assist them in achieving the project’s visual goals.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- 1+ years of professional experience in similar roles.
- Excellent knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques relating to character and environmental design.
- Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles.
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles.
- Illustrate amazing high resolution 2D images to be used in a real-time game engine
- Design character and symbol graphics, as well as backgrounds and environments in a wide variety of styles.
- Design game logos and market visuals.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive projects from beginning to end with little assistance or supervision.
- Adept at problem solving (both alone and in groups); ability to evaluate creative, challenges and provide credible and achievable solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear, concise, and actionable feedback and guidance, and present ideas with clarity, conviction, and collaborative understanding.
- Proficient and knowledgeable with Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience in creating textures for high and low poly 3D objects.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Background in game industry.
- Eye for detail.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.